Please help!! Can someone tell me what is this?

cybersix

Hi all, I made another attempt with a pillar and embeds.

I made a motorbike, heated the mold and stick it... and that's was fine. But when I unmolded the pillar the surface of this embed was irregular and almost "frosty".

I use an "unknown" wax to do the embed.. And other unknown wax for the pour.. I poured at 158 ° F... I post two pics, can please you help me?

Maybe if I use an higher MP wax for embeds is better??:sad2:

TIA

Sabrina

post-1267-139458382881_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458382884_thumb.jpg

I unmolded the pillar the surface of this embed was irregular and almost "frosty".

Congratulations Sabrina, you just made your first rustic pillar!!!!

That "frosty" look is what a lot of us look for and love, and is what we call rustic, or cold pour. I happens when you pour your wax at a cooler temperature, of about 10 degrees above the waxes meltpoint. Without knowing exactly what wax you used, it's hard to know it's exact meltpoint.

I do, however, like the look of your candle. It's different, and unusual, and I tend to like things that way......:)

That "frosty" look is what a lot of us look for and love, and is what we call rustic, or cold pour. I happens when you pour your wax at a cooler temperature, of about 10 degrees above the waxes meltpoint. Without knowing exactly what wax you used, it's hard to know it's exact meltpoint.

I do, however, like the look of your candle. It's different, and unusual, and I tend to like things that way......:)

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Noooooooo my candle supposed to be shiny.. the motorbike was ok, it had a ncie shiny surface, I heated it, heated mold too, with my fingers I stick this emed on the mold, then I poured wax... all the candle is shiny and glossy how comes that the embed get frosty?? Only this little piece of wax???

Thanks Maragarita the candle is not so bad but I don't like that blue, so I'll put it back in the pot anyway!!!

Kisses

Forgot to say.. I already made rustics.. with a lot of frost!!!!! Sometimes it remains in the mold.. why??

Yeah, and the mold needs to be really clean and then sprayed with Pam or something like that so all the frost comes out on the candle. Well, I should clarify and say IN MY CASE that's what I have to do! If not, the frost stays in my mold and then I get to spend extra time cleaning it!

The picture looks like maybe the mold wasn't hot enough when you stuck the motorcycle to the side? I don't know...it's just my impression, since it's frosty and the rest of the candle is glossy and shiny. Maybe the next time you make one, try heating the outside of the mold where the embed is, after you do the pour? You could have runny colors if you held the heatgun there too long, but it might work.

DanaE

I make those embed pillars with palm trees and dragonflies. That frost happens when the overpour wax works it's way between the embed and the mold. I can see from your pic that a lot of the edges of your motorbike got stuck to the mold, but not the whole thing. That's why the wax got in.

Try warming the embed until it's pliable, then press the whole thing hard with your fingers onto a warm mold. HTH