Tarts?? URGENT HELP NEEDED

Can you use the Plastic Ice Cube Trays to make these too? Do you also have to spray the inside with a "cooking spray" to make them release correctly? I thought about doing some for my kids Fall Festival Basket that I have to get done in the next 2 weeks and wanting something Different besides just 3 jar candles... I have a candle warmer to put in there that will also double as tart warmer on the top & want to put some tarts in the basket as well (afterall what good is the tart warmer part with out some tarts~LOL) :D

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Im going on a hope and prayer to get this stuff done .. wanted to put some B/B stuff but that is not working out.. I am only good at making the bath salts~lol.. :o so I am trying tomake up difference with other stuff.

Thanks

~Jenni~

I have used ice trays before for melts, worked just fine. And, buying from the dollar store is a cheap way to get them lol. I dont think I sprayed anything in them though, just set them in the freezer for a min or so and twisted just like you would ice and they come right out.

~LOL~ Me 2... and wally world.. and yardsales, and goodwill.. everywhere.. my hubby laughs at me but if truth be told.. he is as bad as I am.. we went to a mile long yard sale that gets done here locally 2x year last weekend and HE found me 4 boxes (HUGE ones) at different houses of speciality like jars for little of nothing.. one of them had like 15 glass ice cream sundae styles for $5.. let me tell ya he snagged them up and was all excited to tell me "baby I gotcha a little somethin for ur candles"~LOL.. He got me a cooler full of Ball canning jars that still had the lid seals on them dated 1968 for $3 .. those are nothing but my own personal testing jars (jelly jar sizes) I tossed out the lids and seals since I can buy the replacements but I thought that was neat.. them suckers were older than I AM! LOL..

~LOL~ Me 2... and wally world.. and yardsales, and goodwill.. everywhere.. my hubby laughs at me but if truth be told.. he is as bad as I am.. we went to a mile long yard sale that gets done here locally 2x year last weekend and HE found me 4 boxes (HUGE ones) at different houses of speciality like jars for little of nothing.. one of them had like 15 glass ice cream sundae styles for $5.. let me tell ya he snagged them up and was all excited to tell me "baby I gotcha a little somethin for ur candles"~LOL.. He got me a cooler full of Ball canning jars that still had the lid seals on them dated 1968 for $3 .. those are nothing but my own personal testing jars (jelly jar sizes) I tossed out the lids and seals since I can buy the replacements but I thought that was neat.. them suckers were older than I AM! LOL..

My husband is like that too, we walk through stores together and he will take something glass off the shelf and ask if that will work lol

aren't they funny.. mine will pick at me about the money I spend on it but then when I MAKE some money.. completely different attitude! LOL.. and then he is the one that enjoys finding "fun" stuff for me to make a candle out of~LOL.. They tickle me! LOL

aren't they funny.. mine will pick at me about the money I spend on it but then when I MAKE some money.. completely different attitude! LOL.. and then he is the one that enjoys finding "fun" stuff for me to make a candle out of~LOL.. They tickle me! LOL

I've got mine now to where he will help me somewhat. I started doing this before he left for a year tour in Korea for the military and did a lot of testing during that time since it was just me and my teen daughter for that year. Now he's working a weird schedule where he works a 24 hour shift then off for 3 days, so he'll find me in the work room and come in and I put him to work. He helps me set up, label, clean or whatever it is he sees I need to do, it's great when they are supportive AND involved lol Oh yeah, and he just hates helping me spend the money I make :D

LOL~ true.. but boy we LOVE spending the money THEY make! LOL.. (or atleast I do~haha)

actually mine doesn't ask or gripe about anything I spend as long as the bills are paid FIRST .. and he has gas money to get back and forth to work.. since he'd rather me make candles and stay sane than not make candles and B**ch all the time cuz I have nothing to funnel my frustration energy into when the kids and he drives me nuts~haha

so if i make my wax and then separate off small quantities-add color and FO-and pour into my mini tart trays or ice trays and then pop in freezer for a couple minutes and pop out and move on to next color/smell?

That easy? have some have been meaning to make forever now!!

so if i make my wax and then separate off small quantities-add color and FO-and pour into my mini tart trays or ice trays and then pop in freezer for a couple minutes and pop out and move on to next color/smell?

That easy? have some have been meaning to make forever now!!

It should be that easy. At least it has worked out that way for me. Hope you are able to make lots and lots :D

I just made tarts for the first time this weekend in a silicone mini muffin pan. I just poured my leftover wax and after they were hardened, I just pushed them from under the pan and they just popped right out. Very easy! I use sot and sometimes soy tarts are hard to get out of molds because it is so soft, but this worked great.:grin2: