Are my jars the problem?

pjm

I purchased a box of 8 ounce jelly jars to begin making candles. I purchased container wax from www.candlesandsupplies.com . The problem I am having is the frosty looking marks forming on the jar after it cools. I have tried pouring it hotter. I have tried heating the jars prior to pouring. Today, I poked holes around the wick while it was cooling to help with the air bubbles. The one I did today did look better, but still not what I would like it to be. The jar has designs on the outside, and is not smooth on the inside. Could this be the problem? Do some waxes not like certain types of containers. The wax did fine (with the exception of a wet spot) in a smooth, plain, mason jar. I just hate to waste my jelly jars.

what wax are you pouring? Is it a soy or paraffin? I don't know what the problem could be. Did you wash the jar before you poured. Maybe there is a film on the inside of the jar. Maybe wipe it out with Rubbing Alcohol.. Hopefully someone else will chime in.