Select Shades...

ShoogieScents

You can take a look at my etsy shop and look in the handmade soap section, a lot of my soap colors lately have been with select shaded.

Kymber, why do you prefer one over the other? I am thinking of trying celestial colors as well. But select shades seems to be more economical since you can create a lot of colors with just the 8 bottles.

100_0245.jpg

I use both....though like Kymber, I'm loving the Celetial Colors more than the Select Shades....though I do LURVE SS Lime Blossom and True Blue and the base Aquamarine.....

Here we go...from top row across....

1st row: uncolored, CC, CC, CC, SS

2nd row: cocoa powder, CC, SS, CC, CC

3rd row: CC, CC, CC, SS, cocoa powder

Of course....you could just get them both! :wink2:

Here is a for example....... Yesterday I made 3 batches of my tallow soap. The one was Lavender & Sweet Sage. I usually use a Lavender Fields color from MMS but it at times likes to leave specs of color which I do not like. So I thought OK what out of my SS or CC colors is close to lavender. I decided on SS Lilac (light lavender) of some sort with a sage green swirl for the sweet sage. Well this morning I have PINK and sage green. Again the SS were way off on the lilac but right on with the sage. I truely do get much better consistancy with my CC. Let us know how you like them!!