Ideas for small crushed glass use?

blazerina

Howdy! I was hoping some of you very creative people could give me a few pointers and inspirations that I could pass on to my Mom, who was the lucky recipient of LOTS of crushed glass. There are buckets of almost sand like sized and buckets of 1/4 Karat diamond size. Not very big at all really. But there is lots of it and its all divided up and in colors. She is very excited to use it but really doesn't know where to start, nor what to do with it, lol. She wants to make jewelry and more importantly...she wants to know how to decorate the pyramid shaped caps they put on their deck railing. Know what I mean? They are thinking of using some kind of epoxy to embed them in, but wouldn't that kill the prismatic effect? Etc etc. NO clue what so ever.

Thanks sooooo very much for any ideas and all tips ya got. (I promise to post pics of any final product:D )

How about using liquid poly and pouring it into molds. Just before it starts to set up, put in some glass chips. You could probably find countless shapes of molds to use, and no two pieces would ever come out the same.

Another idea would be to use it in "hurricane" style candles. The glass chips would look really nice with the flickering light glowing through them.

Just a couple ideas of the top of my head........hope it helps:o

Guest Candelishis
Another idea would be to use it in "hurricane" style candles. The glass chips would look really nice with the flickering light glowing through them.

That was my idea too. That would make a really cool hurricane!

Thanks for the ideas. I've never been interested in making anything with a wick (but that was last year and i'm thinking about tealights now, lol) but I would totally love to do a hurricane or forever type 'candle'... I think that's a great use for some of this glass. Especially the colored:cheesy2: