Is NatureWax C3 "100%" soy wax?

I, too, have V1 and P1 (a little less than a case of both) and I will be able to find uses for it. I sampled both waxes in small (10# is small!) quantities. I CHOSE to order more. I paid my money, I took my chances and I have found my own solutions. Veggie candle wax is truly in its infancy as a product - the patent is younger than my dog! I knew this when I decided to explore the semi-unknown, otherwise I would have chosen paraffin for a medium.

Many tips and suggestions have been posted to help make V1 and P1 more manageable which reduce or eliminate the cracking. I won't be asking or expecting any credits for the wax I purchased. Suppliers/distributors have their own issues which I am sure they'll discuss with their sales reps.

Personally, I may miss the "exploding votive" effect...:laugh2:

This is one of my favorites from the "Weird Candles I Have Made" collection... (the others self-destructed when burned past this point, may they RIP)

...the CocaCola Glass Votive...

DSC02348.jpg

I know that the V-1 is not a perfect wax and continue to work on developing a new improved votive wax. I have not replaced V-1 yet because I was not happy with any of the products that I came up, until now. I just finished work on two new pillar waxes NatureWax P-2 and P-3. The P-2 wax would work very well as a votive wax.:grin2: With this new wax I have not seen any fat bloom(frostinng) and it tends to handle more like paraffin.:grin2:

Now the kicker. We have not released this new wax to our distributors yet. Please watch our distributors for these two new waxes in the coming months.

Tim Murphy

NatureWax Technical Director

Tim,

Does that mean that P1 will no longer be available after the release of the new P's?

I've never seen anything like that! LOL. What happened??

I dunno!! This was from our first batch of V1 many mango seasons ago! The others "bloomed," then self-destructed! I saved this one because it was such a hoot! I love some of my failures almost as much as the successes!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LOL reminds me of my first pillar... but that bloomed outwards like a flower. Crazy what soy will do!!!!!!

I dunno!! This was from our first batch of V1 many mango seasons ago! The others "bloomed," then self-destructed! I saved this one because it was such a hoot! I love some of my failures almost as much as the successes!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I have not had time to get back out here in a little while so I will try to answer the questions that I can.

Yes, the cracking on the new pillar waxes is greatly reduced. I have found that it needs to be handled more like a paraffin wax. For pillars a relief hole needs to be punchered into the candle after has cooled for about an hour. If this is not done there can be some cracking right around the wick area. I have ran the wax through the freezer at 32 and 0 deg F without any cracking of the candle.

As far as whether or not these will replace the P-1 is hard to say at this point.

Tim Murphy

Cargill NatureWax