FO with low flashpoint

i just got a sample of Decadant Orange Fluff Cake from DS (a freebie...thanks, Stacey!). it has a flash point of 150*. how do you handle FO's with lower flashpints, if FO's are sposed to be added to wax when hot for maximum incorporation? i had always added FO at 120* as per the instructions for EZsoy, but have recently started adding it hotter...150-155*. i think this does make a difference. i was just wondering how you all handle FO with the lower FP? thanks for any info!:smiley2:

Flash point is the temp at which the fumes can ignite when exposed to flame. So don't put a match to your FO as you are adding it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_point

It is NOT necessarily the temp at which your FO becomes airborne and is lost to the air. In fact, it pretty much is NOT that.

Once it is mixed with the wax the combination has a flash-point of its own, BTW.

ETA: I don't know squat about candles, yet - but flash points are something I deal with at work.

thanks, laura...question...if i were to remelt a candle that was poured a couple days ago, but hasn't been burned yet, and heated it up to 170*...would that increase the incorporation of the FO? i think i added the FO at 150-155* something like that. or it a one shot thing? meaning once it is added at the lower temp, too bad, so sad....