Weight of Candles when selling.......

wickchick

I've been mulling this over and can't make a decision, so I thought I'd ask you guys :) I have 4 oz tins. I know when labeling them, you need to add the net weight (which is 2.8 oz, and I do add that to my warning labels). My question is, can I sell them as "4 oz tins" because that is the size of the tins, or do I have to sell them as 2.8 oz candles. I don't want to mislead my customers. Anyone have any thoughts? Would love to know what ya'll think :)

Thanks!

I'd say no, that might mislead customers. Are you selling any other sizes of tins? Maybe you could just sell them as "candle tins" and then list the net wt. on them or list them as 4 oz. tins but be sure to put underneath (net wt. 2.8 oz)

I know some people really notice these things and can get upset over a little bit of a difference than what is listed. I once sold a Cane to someone that was stated as 5x6" round, but the way it came out leveled was really 5x5.5". They very rudely brought it to my attention.

I think you could fill it to overflowing and it still wouldn't be a 4 oz candle.

I think it's a judgement call. It's all about NOT misleading a customer. They are 4 ounce tins, but they are not 4 ounce candles. How about just calling them 3" tins (or however tall they are)?

Thank you guys :) I like the idea of height. I'll have to measure them. I always put the net weight on the bottom label. I like to charge per ounce. I've always charged $4 for the 4 oz tins (which are actually as I said, 2.8 oz). I'm worried that when I launch my website people will think that's to much. Hmmm...guess I'll have to figure it out. Thank you!