Oh soot,

I have been testing palm wax candles for some time now and without any sooting until today....darn! I noticed my candle was really blowing in the non breeze we have and dancing back and forth like mad. I blew it out and noticed a big black round spot on the inside of my jar(8 oz. jj) about 1 1/2" in diameter. Does this happen much with palm wax after burning about 3/4's of the wax in the jar? My drawing board is getting really full anymore:sad2:

Mike

Hi Deb,just to make a correction here....I never said that I use 20% fo load for any candles and was wondering where you got that information? If I posted that I used that amount I was probably 99% asleep and wasn't responsible for my actions. I have never used anymore than 1 1/2 oz. of fo for any candle that I make. I hope that clarifies and clears up your confusion about how much fo that I use.:)

Mike

I think you may be onto something Stella....I probably actually trimmed my wick just a wee bit to short and I am thinking that is why it did what it did....but I have been wrong many times before. I guess I am kind of confused as to where the "20%" fo load came from....it was kind of out of the blue and wasn't expecting someone to say that and not back it up????

Mike

Why is it, that everyone makes jokes on here and we all laugh and have fun with it. But when I try to make a funny everyone takes me serious. I know I am older, so maybe I am just not funny anymore. I would never say anything to hurt anyone. I just want to have fun like others do. Forgive me for being an old lady.:o

And he used 20% scent oil. :D What fire????

LOL! I could tell you were joking! I think some people just get sensitive and take things the wrong way.

As far as the sooting, if it is glassglow you only need a max of 5% FO load. If you are using more than that in combination with the wick could be causing it. Not sure if that is correct grammatically but you know what I mean.