No Caution Labels???

Kimmi

I have been making candles for several years now and I am very paranoid about making sure I do everything correctly to protect myself and my customers. (I still feel I have plenty to learn about the business.)

With that said... today I was checking out a new craft show and trying to decide if it might be profitable for us to consider having a booth next year. I visited a very large candle maker's booth - according to their information they have been in business for many years. None of their candles had any caution labels and none of their candles listed how many ounces each candle contained. This was not just one candle - I was smelling several of their scents and I even purchased one to determine the quality. Is this a common practice? I was under the impression that by law you must list the ounces in each candle. Did I dream this?

Any insight you could give would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Kimmi

If you want to do it right, you need labels with all the info - manufacturer, weight, cautions, how to contact.

There is a couple I see at darn near every show I do. They make good candles, but they have the company name and the scent on their label. That's it. I guess if you can't contact them, you can't sue them. :undecided

There is a couple I see at darn near every show I do. They make good candles, but they have the company name and the scent on their label. That's it. I guess if you can't contact them, you can't sue them. :undecided

Not only that but what if there were awesome and you wanted to buy some more. Who would you contact? It really isn't good business sense NOT to have your info on your products.

Ruby

I use caution labels or the candle does not go out. I am currently waiting on mine to get here before I sell some I have made. I didn't realize I was out until after order was placed.

About the phone #. I did have a booth at a local merchants mall. They closed the 23rd...:cry2: . I did not have my contact # on them because I wanted them to return to the store to get them. Although, all they have to do is ask at the register and they will contact me.

Now I am going to be doing shows again, I will have to make a label for the back (small) that has my contact info.

If they are a big seller and have been doing it many years it looks like they would know this stuff has to be on there. I also make business cards and have them with me. Some people just don't get it, I guess.