Royal Aromatics - Egyptian Musk

MochaMama

Hi all:

Meant to post this MONTHS ago, but you know how daily life can be. Anyway, I finally got the chance to use my FO from Abby's co-op.

Let me first say that I get lots of requests for Egyptian Musk. I am not a fan of it myself, but that's neither here nor there.

The first problem I had was usage rate. When I emailed the company, I was told that the usage rate can be anywhere from 5-8 percent depending on the application. Well, considering how much one lb. of this stuff costs, that's not very cost effective at all - WSP, Kangeroo Blue and Save on Scents have much lower recommended usage rates, and some of their FOs are cheaper.

As for the scent, it's true. Egyptian Musk, in my opinion, is a very hard FO to work with because it doesn't smell as strongly in the application as it does when you rub it on the skin.

In conclusion, I probably would not purchase from RA again because I feel that such a high usage rate to get a strong scent is not economical.