HELP Palm Pillars

I cannot get my repour to come out in my palm pillars. I am NEW to pillars and you can ALWAYS tell where my repour line is. It never crystalizes and it looks so funky. I need help. What am I doing wrong. I am heating my repour layer higher than the rest and it still won't come out. I am using Natures Garden pillar wax in a 3x3 pillar mold.

I haven't done **palm** pillars yet but I do understand repours in general. 1st the bottom of the mold will be the top of the candle. 2nd yes with palm you will need to poke relief holes and fill them.(with any wax you should) When doing the repour fill the holes and bring the wax just to within 1/8" of the edge of the 1st pour. (get it as close to the edges as you can without the wax spilling over the sides, or going higher up the mold) I'm guessing with palm make that 2nd pour wax hot, 200 degree's. I would think having it has hot as possible will help it find all the little air holes palm loves to create. Don't worry about the crystallization on the 2nd pour because that will be the bottom of the candle. If you don't go higher than your 1st pour then you shouldn't see the wax from the sides when your all done. The bottom is never as nice as the top, so a warning label is you best friend to hide those bottoms.

Karen B

We make palm pillars. After the relief work (and I do a LOT more than just poke a few holes :)), the bottom of the candle is relatively messed up and has a depression in the middle. Insert the wick and level the candle on a level, heated surface (griddle, cake pan over simmering water, etc.). This will fill in and smooth the bottom. A repour is unnecessary. HTH:D

Thought a couple of photos might help...

The first is a couple of pillar bottoms after cooling

pillar_bottom1.jpg

The second is a votive bottom after finishing, ready for the warning label.

votive_bottom_finished.jpg