Shopping trip I-65 Chicago to Indy

Judy, USMC

I'll be heading back to North Carolina next month - 1,000 mile trip. I missed going to a FO supplier in Lancaster PA when I was on the road last month & don't want to kick myself for missing an opportunity to shop again!

First Leg is to Indianapolis and OBI. Although it only takes 3 hours drive time I can take all day to get there and just shop OBI the next morning.

So, any suppliers along this part of the I-65 corridor? TYIA!!

Alabaster and Soy Candle are located in Louisville. I think that is the last leg of your trip before you cut over. Ky Candle is right outside Lexington too.

I would be in trouble if I was making that drive. I would want to stop every where lmao

Thanks for the advice - I'll get in contact with Flickers & Mill Creek. Maybe even just a stop for an order pick-up. Saving on shipping will help with the gas cost!

I don't think Mill Creek allows pick-ups anymore. Definitely call ahead so you don't waste time diverting your route just to be disappointed!

I don't think Mill Creek allows pick-ups anymore. Definitely call ahead so you don't waste time diverting your route just to be disappointed!

Yes, read that on their home page. :sad2: I really need to pick up a couple of cases of clamshells - the shipping is expensive because of the bulky box. Guess I'll just do it further down the road.

Yes, read that on their home page. :sad2: I really need to pick up a couple of cases of clamshells - the shipping is expensive because of the bulky box. Guess I'll just do it further down the road.

Or if someone lives in the area, order it and have it shipped to them, and you can pick it up on your way :)

Have fun shopping !

Judy: I have to tell you that I am very jealous of you - all of you as far as that goes. You see, I go on quite a few business trips for work. I have been within miles of so many supply houses that it isn't even funny. By the way, I am only 90 minutes north of Indy :D Anyway, once upon a time when I use to have the tiime to make a lot of candles, I had hundreds of different scents in my scent cupboards. And since I do nothing in moderation, they were all 16oz and 32oz size. I remember how exciting it would be waiting on scents to arrive and sniffing them and wishing one could drink them LOL I know I could spend all day walking around some of these places and sniffing scent after scent if I could. but those days are gone, at least for now, but I have not forgotten how much fun they were - and expensive LOL

In October I will be making a trip to Conway Arkansas, OK City & Tulsa, Longview and Dallas Texas. After that I will be in TN and Western KY and last but not least, a tour of Ohio and then who knows where. I know I will be close to more then a few supply houses, and who knows, I may just be able to sneak one in LOL Now I have the itch to make candles and its 10:30 at night. Maybe this weekend I will be able to steal a few hours. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls!! ha

Bert - you can see by the posts here how helpful these people can be! So how would I route my trip to go to your place? OH yeah - that's right - you'll be on the road same time I am. I volunteer to house sit if you give me the keys to the FO - and leave some wax out!!!!! ;)