Ezsoy/415 question

Gosh I know this has been talked about before, and I have searched every way I can think of to get the right search string to get an answer, so please bear with me.

I have a case and a half or so of 415 and have a LOT of 1oz samples that I want to get into some wax, so thinking of making tarts/melts. I normally use clamshells, but since I'm playing I'm going to use wrappers, candy molds etc and I need to find out if beeswax will make that 415 a little more solid? I have used 415 with the floater molds and they work fine with no additive, but when I went to shrink wrap, well they are a little soft. If BW isn't the answer, what would be a good thing to use to harden them just a little? I realize frosting is an issue, and I'm ok with that, learned to live with it, just looking for something to make the lil suckers a bit more able to stand a little handling.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and again, forgive my brain being numb from trying to find the right answer

Hi Shelley,

BW will harden your 415, but I really can't say how more than 3% will work in tarts. Usually more than 3% will make the wax in a jar too hard, and cause jar candles to crack. It may not hurt to go as high as 4% to 5% in a small batch of tarts and see how it turns out.

HTH! geek :D

Hi Shelley,

BW will harden your 415, but I really can't say how more than 3% will work in tarts. Usually more than 3% will make the wax in a jar too hard, and cause jar candles to crack. It may not hurt to go as high as 4% to 5% in a small batch of tarts and see how it turns out.

HTH! geek :D

That does help a lot, thanks so much, going to give it a shot :smiley2: