Little question about sea salts

elitenaildesign

To those that make bath salts, would this basically be the same thing as making a foot soak. I kind of thought it would be cool to make a sea salt soak for our whirlpool spa chair. The company I buy our soak from is rediculous in cost so maybe this would be any option. Does the sea salt actually dissolve? How do you add color, but without staining the tub?

Let's see, first let me see if I can clarify.... when you say sea salts do you mean like Rock Salt?

The sea salt I use in my scrubs and bath salts is fine just like normal salt. But I think there is such a thing as a larger grain- although- why? Lol- it's all the same. Just aesthetics I guess.

Maybe give us more description on what you have in mind and we can try to help some more.

oh yeah, forgot, lol.. if you mean Dead Sea Salt- which you probably do, lol.... sorry I can't help. I haven't used any as of yet, but it's the same idea as an epsom salt soak type of thing only supposedly way better.

Ok, im just an editing fool... but I keep thinking about this and remembering things. You asked about how to color w/o staining the tub... I'm not sure your average tub would stain exactly. People say it leaves a ring but that is just because the color is sticking to the oils if the salts are made with a lot of oil and color. I use liquid m&p soap coloring for my salts and ANY wash off product. Also for tints and sparkle I will sometimes add mica. I think the Mica is more likely to stick to the oils though. And the smaller the grain of salt, the more likely it will dissolve. But sometimes it can leave some behind if it is not fine grained. But it still washes away to dissolve eventually. Hopefully, a more experienced bath salt maker will share two cents because I'm just not sure i've used and done it enough ways to get all the possible results to share with you that you can be confident in what ya learn, lol.

It does dissolve...I make a salt soak for the salon where I get my pedicures. I use dendritic salt w/ the fo, fine grain Dead Sea Salts, fine grain Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda, and Citric Acid. It fizzes, softens skin, and smells great! You can save a LOT of money making your own.

It does dissolve...I make a salt soak for the salon where I get my pedicures. I use dendritic salt w/ the fo, fine grain Dead Sea Salts, fine grain Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda, and Citric Acid. It fizzes, softens skin, and smells great! You can save a LOT of money making your own

What kind of colorants do you use? Thats my other concern that I dont stain the whirlpool tub.

Jennie...

I make foot soak for a couple of the local spas. I use a mixture of fine sea salt, coarse sea salt and epsom salts....with a little oil and eo's....and color.

Yes, they do dissolve. The Spas use them in their pedicure chairs with the whilpool tubs. They have been using my product exclusivly for over 2 yrs now with no problems. They also use my Foot Scrub and Foot Balm!

Since you make your own products...I wont try to wholesale you mine...lol

PM me if you want to know anything further.

I make a peppermint foot soak using salts for neighbor and she loves it. She is a nurse and on her feet all day. There is an e-book available and it has all kinds of recipes:

www.makebathsalts.com

and the best place I have found to buy bath salts and accessories is:

www.fromnaturewithlove.com

they also have free recipes for just about anything related to bath and body.