Has Anybody ever.....

DeJae

During the heat this summer I set my molds out in the sun to encourage gel when I wanted to rush it so I could do another batch that evening (I only had one mold then). The only soap I don’t gel is what’s left over from filling the log that I dump in what ever small mold is handy so I don’t have much experience with it but where you’re at wouldn’t the heat make it gel? If you want to make it gel just be careful… a hot Arizona day… don’t bundle it up and watch it close so it doesn’t over heat… I watched mine and brought it in as soon as gel almost reached the corners of the mold then brought it inside to cool. It only got up to the 90s here… Good luck.

Cool, I am going to try that for sure. It is still in the mid to high 90's here.

I have one other question....

Is there a way to speed up it hardening in the mold?

I have one I did, it has been in the mold a bit over 48 hours. It is solid but not firm enough to unmold....or is it just the recipe, I have done this one before but tweeked it a bit, so not to sure.

Shortening 43%

Coconut 20%

AKO 10%

Babassu 7%

RBO 8%

Macadamia 4%

OO 8%

Where I tweeked it was I took out castor and replaced it with Babassu

I ran your recipe through soap calc and the numbers are close to my softest recipe. Do you discount your water?

I use a wooden molds and line with freezer paper for this reason. As soon as the soap is cool enough to hold its shape I can lift it out and set it in a cool dry place to start curing and drying out and let it sit for a few days if need be before I pull the liner off.