need alittle advice PLEASE!

flcandles

Hi i went to my local craft store and bought 2lb block of soap base (shea butter)

I have to admit it was completely out of impulse:D . I usually post on the candlemaking section and have always wondered about making soaps. So today i did it. I bought the base and the soap dye i aready have skin safe fo's. Some of my fo's are skin,gel and candle safe. i have been looking on wesites ,etc. and i literally just pour the melted soap with the dye and fragrance added into a mold and thats it? (Forgive me if that sounded like it takes no effort at all to make, But i was just curious if thats how you make it) I also have seen on the forums about "drying soaps" is that when you are letting it harden? :confused:

Sorry for the simple question but i want to make sure i got a general idea before i began anything. I only make candles and this is my first attempt with soaps.

Thank you all so much

Flcandles,

Yes that is pretty much what there is to Melt & Pour soap. Some people add additives (herbs, extra butter, etc) but that is the basic of it all. I believe the drying of the soap might mean curing, but with Melt & Pour you don't need to cure the soap as the lye has already been fully saponified...