Gotta question...

Took a gift basket class today at my local suppliers and one of the products was a Soy Votive Candle using a Soy Pillar Blend Wax. The wick we used was a LX10x2.5" prepared wick, and used a plastic votive mold.

when we got to class the wax was already melted and at the proper temperature of 175 F, so we poured the wax into the molds and after a minute inserted the wicks. Did the Vent Hole after it started to harden, and when it was hard to the touch did a second pour filling the cavity and filling the wax to the top of the mold. After the votive set, we did a cold water bath to release the candle from the mold.

NOw my question is...

I really liked the candle i made in class, so could i continue making these same candles with the same type of wicks, and get my family to test them, or what is my next step.

I guess the reason i am asking is because y'all talk so much about testing, testing, and more testing, but the wicks had already been tested because they can't teach a class without the proper wicks. So i don't need to do any testing myself do I?

Does any of this make sense?

Go ahead and burn it and see how it does. I assume they got the wicking right but who knows. And sure you can go on making the exact candle if you know which wax was used in class. Change the wax and you may have to choose a different wick. Color and fragrance make a difference too.

Is this the mold you used? http://www.candlechem.com/images/Votive_Molds_Plastic.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

OK so i have been really busy and also sick for three weeks and i am burning the candle as we speak. I realize i didn't use enough FO i can barely smell it. but its burning really well.

I am not sure if i really understand the actual steps to test a candle, if someone could quickly explain that to me i would appreciate it. :D