Body gloss base?

bunkie68

None of the body glosses I've seen have cyclo - that's supposed to give a more slippery feel, right? If it's intended as a moisturizer, I'm not sure too much slip would be a good thing. The ones I've seen are a combination of shea and sunflower oils, and one uses soybean oil, and I wasn't sure if this was something premixed or if they'd just mixed oils together until it felt nice and went with that. I could have sworn I'd seen a body gloss base somewhere, but perhaps I imagined that. :confused:

Ky has a body glaze base.... wonder if it is the same thing..... but have never tried it or any other body gloss....

Hmm. I'll have to check it out and see!

ETA: No, that body glaze sounds like more of a light lotion, rather than a body oil. But it was worth a look!

OK, so I'm looking at just experimenting and coming up with my own blend of oils. Here are the ones I'm considering: shea, sunflower, avocado, coconut (either virgin creme de coco or fractionated coconut), jojoba. I've not worked that much with oils, so I'm not sure of the feel, how easily absorbed one might be versus another, that sort of thing. As for proportions, I reckon I'd just experiment a little bit at a time. This may be a silly question, but I see some oils have recommended usages at pretty low percentages, where some (like shea) say they can be used at up to 100%. For a body gloss where it's all oil, should one that has a higher percentage of recommended use be the predominant oil in the blend, or do the percentages matter as much since it's all oil anyway and is it more just a matter of preference as to feel? I'm trying to get any input I can before I hit "send" on an order - I don't have money to burn, so the more info I can get, the better! :)