Packaging Bath Melts

Crystala25

I make my bath melts in the mini muffin cups and have them in plastic ziploc bags with just a label on them. But, I have seen some that have like a fold over type tab that you staple to the top of the baggie. What would I use to make the tab, is there a place to buy tabs like this? TIA.

I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind- but it 'sounds' like what I do.

I made a template of 6 rectangles down, and 3 across. Leaving a small space between each rect., and a larger space after each two. Each tab

uses two squares- one will be the front with scent and product name and logo or whatever, and one will fold over to the back and become right side up and that's where I put my ingredients. So the top rectangles in each two rec sec, and all across the page, will actually need to be flipped upside down. When you cut them, you cut them as one peice. Your fold will turn the back half of the tag in the right direction again. Then just staple either in the center or on each end. I'm not a big fan of stapled packaging though because of the potention injury, lol... but it is a quick and easy secure way. So I try to stick to one staple in the center. Just be sure to arrange your text in a way so that you are not stapling right through a word. I always fold the bag down once or twice to help give stability to the package as well as it's only extra space anyways. I save the template under a new name each time I alter it for a new scent or product. That way it saves the original even though I have messed with it. I use the cello bags- and sometimes they can be squirly if you try to get too many folds out of it and keep it all straight. But a trick to that is to make your tags just a bit wider than your bag. I just print on cardstock for durability.

I hope that makes sense. I know there was a thread about it here from before is this is in fact what you mean. A lot of people agreed they do it this way. Let's see if I can find it...

Here it is- have fun. Hope it works how you want. http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50036&highlight=fold+labels