health and saftey question...

Does anyone know if there is a risk involved with candlemaking, test burning, strong smells??? I live in a fairly small home and when i am testing, sometimes i have 10 to 15 candles burning at the same time. I hve children, my 8 yr old told me tonite that he felt like he couldnt breathe too good? i guess i got paranoid... any one have facts on this??

tia

I definitely wouldn't burn that many at one time. I've made myself sick burning 4 or 5 at a time, so I can't imagine that many! And yeah, you need to be in a well ventilated place. I'm lucky to have a basement or I probably wouldn't be doing this. Even though I make them in the basement, the scent goes through the whole house and anyone coming over knows exactly which candle I just made.

Also, there may just be certain scents your child is sensitive to - mine got sick to their stomachs off of Moonlight Path, so it's a scent I don't make anymore. We've had a few scents that were just so disagreeable to everyone in the house that I decided not to carry them.

DanaE

Some leave me with a bit of a stuffy nose, but there are a couple that make me feel like I'm having difficulty breathing. Thats only with one candle burning and I live in a fairly large house with good venting. I think you have way too many burning as well.