Introducing new fragrances

soycool

As I have come to learn, people love Cinnamon buns scented candles, in my area. Is there a gentle way of nudging them to think about other fragrances? I guess there is probally a marketing strategy, but my customer base is a community senior center, don't get me wrong it's a swinging place with all ages and volunteers, but is it wrong of me to want them to be open to fragrances with unfamiliar names ex. mediterranean fig. Sometimes the name just throws them off I think?

HELP my testers only want one fragrance!!!!

Natalie

The names are probably too exotic for them. You could probably take the same scents, call them Jitterbug, Charleston, or New Deal, and they'd probably take a sniff.

That's a great idea!

You might also try to make the names more simple. Seems weird to suggest that when we are all usually trying to be creative on how to get our scents out there, but sometimes older people just like plain and simple, something they know. Another thing I do is when I am trying out a something new with the people who already like my stuff is I make the 1.5 hex jar candles and include one in their order. They usually end up getting a full size of whatever it was I gave them as a free sample.

Another thing I do is when I am trying out a something new with the people who already like my stuff is I make the 1.5 hex jar candles and include one in their order. They usually end up getting a full size of whatever it was I gave them as a free sample.

I agree -- you should include sample sizes to make them realize there are other interesting scents available.

Guest Candelishis
I agree -- you should include sample sizes to make them realize there are other interesting scents available.

I do that too. I usually send a free tart or two if the person orders tarts (So I know they have a tart warmer), or if not, I send them a free votive, and tell them to email me and let me know what they think about the scent of the votive. They almost always send an email that says "Hey, I really like that _____ votive you sent me! Send me a 7 oz tumbler in that scent!". Great way to make more sales!