NatraSorb vs Dry-Flo

jaybyrd

I use Dry-Flo for things like lotions, bars & butters, and experimented a bit with NatraSorb in stuff that ends up dissolving, like tub products & scrubs. Anybody have a preference, or observed any differences? Just curious- looking at various recipes and vendor blurbs, the two products seem fairly interchangeable.

I'm curious about this as well. I also have some Water Lock superabsorbent polymer. I was wondering if this would work the same as the Natrasorb. I guess I could try a little and see what happens. I also have some Pure-Gel and Pure Dent.

Here's what it says about the water lock:

WATER LOCK® superabsorbent polymers are functional ingredients for personal care and cosmetic applications. By definition, a superabsorbent polymer must absorb a minimum of 20 times its own weight in water. GPC WATER LOCK products possess the ability to absorb and immobilize large volumes of aqueous materials making them suitable for a variety of topical applications.

PURE-GEL® modified starches are mild, versatile thickeners for a wide range of personal care formulas. They provide stable viscosity under very low or high pH conditions and are stable to homogenization, high heat, and freezing conditions.

PURE-DENT® starches are high-quality modified and unmodified starches. The PURE-DENT line of powdered starches has many personal care and cosmetic applications. GPC offers NF or USP starches for formulations including a highly absorbent PURE-DENT starch for absorbing oils or aqueous products.

I'm curious about this as well. I also have some Water Lock superabsorbent polymer. I was wondering if this would work the same as the Natrasorb. I guess I could try a little and see what happens. I also have some Pure-Gel and Pure Dent.

Hadn't heard of those items! The water lock sounds like something you'd use to make ointments, I suppose. . .

I use Dry-Flo for things like lotions, bars & butters, and experimented a bit with NatraSorb in stuff that ends up dissolving, like tub products & scrubs. Anybody have a preference, or observed any differences? Just curious- looking at various recipes and vendor blurbs, the two products seem fairly interchangeable.

LOL - crickets . . . chirp chirp . . .