Salt bar question

katshe

Yeah, I've been soaping RT lately here. The temp has been around 90-100 so I haven't had to heat my oils at all!

So when you say that you have not had to heat your oils at all, do you mean you don't melt the oils at all? Does the lye melt it that good:confused: Just wondering becuase I thought we HAD to melt the hard oils first...

Thanks!

So when you say that you have not had to heat your oils at all, do you mean you don't melt the oils at all? Does the lye melt it that good:confused: Just wondering becuase I thought we HAD to melt the hard oils first...

Thanks!

Yes you do have to melt the oils if they are hard. We don't have to melt them because it is so hot here they are already melted to the liquid stage.

I use fo, coconut cream

also bars still have zap , is this normal , if so , how long do you cure a salt bar?

Since it was Coconut cream there is proabley vanilla in it so it will more than likely turn dark on you. I make and unmold my batches all in the same day and don't usually have any zap when I unmold. If it still has zap, give a few days and see if the zap remains. If in a few days it still zaps you, I myself would toss it at that point and start over.

Thanks!

It's just been so hot here that my coconut oil is all melted right now. There's no need to melt it. Nature has done the work for me.:cool2: