Craft show

Was at a craft show this Saturday in california.

Could not believe the display that this person had. She had soy candles too. All her candles were natural. She did not have any labels, decoration or anything on her jar. They were around 16.00 too. It was so boring. Very unprofessional looking. I am glad I do things a bit different.

After what I saw this weekend, soy candles can be priced all different prices. I saw one votive for 1.99. Most 16 oz were 20.00 so I say price according to your area too.

I would not buy a candle at a craft show that didnt have any lables or anything. That tells me that person most likely threw some wax and wick in a jar and ran out to the show to make a quick buck.:angry2: That makes the rest of us look bad when people make bad candles cause the ones that get burned are less apt to buy candles from shows again.

tootie

I don't go to too many craft shows but have been to one this weekend. There were a few soy candle makers there and sorry if you don't agree but at many of these shows, it just seems to me that most of them could have been interchangeable with any other one to be honest. All the usual jelly jar type candles on doilies giving a country-type home-made appearance. Now, they could have very well been excellent candles ....

but there was this other soy booth. It wasn't paved in gold, but she invested in nice shelving - nothing fancy but repainted and clean and big enough to hold many containers. All her candles had a consistent look (simple glass with silver lids that could fit both modern and prim decor), they were clean, labeled, and arranged nicely. She had one burning for customers. She had a wooden sign on the top center shelf with the name of her business. She had a hanger display for all of her clam shells and the whole thing just looked like she put some time into what all the components would look like together - not just the candles themselves ... and she was the one that had the customers. So, people do judge a book by the cover - at least initially.