Using portion cups for B&B

asheebeans

For those who use the portion cups for B&B samples, does the FO make the plastic go wonky? (warping, discoloration, etc) I was thinking of using some of these to pass samples out in....but you have to buy a big pack of them to be able to test a few! :sad2: I'm afraid the customers wouldn't use the product right away and it would sit in the container and then the plastic would have issues! Of course I could put on my label to use within "x days" or months or whatever....but you know how it is with customers! :rolleyes2

I have used the portion cups for tarts and had no problems with the plastic. If you put straight FO in the cups, YES it will melt the plastic (don't ask me how I know lol). For BB, the FO is diluted in the lotions, butter etc and wont' hurt the plastic at all.

I don't use them for samples because they are too easy to get squished, lids pop off etc. I think it depends on how you are using the samples how well they will hold up for you.

Thanks everyone! I had my eye on those black ones anyway! LOL

Sorry, another question: Does a round label look really stupid on the oval cups/lids? I have alot of 1" and 1.5" round labels that I used when I made smaller jar candles. I am just wondering if these would work. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...