All of a sudden, the wax won't release from my tart molds

Did you just get a new batch of wax, by chance? I did, and had all sorts of problems I hadn't had before, including the wax sticking to the molds. It would come out for the most part, but it would stick just a little and pieces of the tarts would break off, and it cracked like mad as the tarts set up. I stirred it up real good, and it has helped tremendously. I'm back to having very few cracks and the tarts release like a dream again. Hopefully it will be something simple like that for you - I know it's frustrating.

I dunno what material from which your molds are made, but most molds become seasoned, just like Gramma's Iron Skillet. After a while, the build-up needs to be removed, but after washing, a little mold release agent (whatever is appropriate for the mold material) should be applied to reseason the mold after washing. HTH :)

You can try heating the wax a little warmer. Maybe a temperature chance is affecting the wax. I know that I have to heat my wax a little bit warmer in the summer than in the winter.

or

try popping them in the freezer for 10 minutes or so. That might also work.

I never ever wash my molds. I place them upside down in the oven on low heat and wipe out with paper towel.

I place them upside down in the oven on low heat and wipe out with paper towel.

Don't try that with plastic molds! Silicon MIGHT hold up to it, but plastic absolutely will not! :shocked2:

Only metal molds will handle this kind of "cleaning" well - and it DOES work very well! I do not wash my aluminum molds either and I try not to have to wash the tins ones because they rust so quickly...

Don't try that with plastic molds! Silicon MIGHT hold up to it, but plastic absolutely will not! :shocked2:

Only metal molds will handle this kind of "cleaning" well - and it DOES work very well! I do not wash my aluminum molds either and I try not to have to wash the tins ones because they rust so quickly...

I was thinking that she had metal molds. But I agree completely with not washing the metal molds. I have a friend that insists on washing them and she wonders why they are rusting so fast.