FO vs EO in Aromatherapy

MochaMama

I was thinking the other day...very dangerous...and wanted to formulate an aromatherapy massage oil using jasmine.

Jasmine absolute (which is the only thing I could find) is QUITE expensive. Would a person get the same benefits from using a jasmine fragrance oil?

I would not be marketing the oil with any claims at all, but in conversation I would like to be able to say, "some say jasmine helps with depression etc. etc."

I don't mind coughing up the extra bucks for the absolute (especially since I read it's so strong you only use drops) but would just like to hear opinions.

Sometimes you can find diluted Jasmine EO. It has been diluted in a carrier oil ( often Jojoba). It is much much cheaper, yet you will not be getting the same benefits as it is so diluted. High quality EO's are expensive, but I love working with eo's and their healing benefits.

Ann M

Thanks for all your responses. I' ve looked around on the web for the Jasmine EO - the cost is so prohibitive - I saw $81 for 1/2 oz for the pure oil.

I am going to go with the Jasmine absolute because it has at least 5% eo in the jojoba mix. There would be at least some benefit from the EO. From what I've read the absolute is pretty strong too.