losing hot throw?

ok, I'm not an expert and very interested in this thread because I've thought that about some of my candles sometime. But for the size you're talking about 2 LX 16s seems a lot if you're talking Soy. If it's Palm, I'm not sure if that's a lot or not. What wax are you using? I'm using CDs with CB135 and no longer having that issue.

According to this wick recommendation chart from WickIt, a single LX 16 is rated for 1-2" Containers, 2-3" Pillars and 2-3" Containers!:shocked2: I think it might be safe to say that whether you are burning soy or palm, TWO LX 16s are more than you should need for that size container!

what lx or what other wick do you suggest?
If you go to the link posted above, they have general recommendations for TONS of wicks...:)

On the candle science site it said lx 16

That's why I threw you that wonderful link from WIckit - according to it, there are 6 sizes of LX for the 2-3" container range... Since your LX 16 is toward the low end of the recommended wicks and Judy reported having to go up to an LX 21, toward the high end - that should give you a little more confidence that the right one for you is somewhere around the higher end of the scale.

If you scroll up and down that page, they have LOADS of other wicks too. A nice table won't solve all your wicking problems, but it sure can be helpful when things are going wrong or you don't know where to begin! HTH :)