Catalog party? Anyone do them?

Ashleigh

My sis called me and said she has tons of ppl she works with that want her to do a catalog only party.

Basically they really don't have a ton of time to go to one on the weekends or weeknights but they have tried my stuff that my sis has at work and want some....

Anyway my questions are:

How long should it run? 3-4 days?

What kind of % should I give her off of products for "throwing it"?

And how long should I put down it takes for the orders to get processed?

I think that is all the ?'s I have anyone want to inform me of things I may have forgotten let me know.

Oh BTW I have sniffers and samples of everything to send to work with her.

Thanks

Ash

I ususally run mine for 5-7 days. I send about 10 brochures & order forms and a letter explaining how to run the "party". The letter also explains that any orders received after the closing date will not be credited toward the hostess percentage. I have a 2 week time frame for filling orders, giving myself a week to gather supplies and another to get the products made. I give the hostess 10% of the total sales, plus another 10% for every $100 in sales after the first $200. I also give 50% off any one item for each catalog or home party booked. I've had many of them and they've done pretty well. Good luck!

My setup is basically the same as Trae's except that I allow them to run the party up to 2 weeks to get everyone in. I also offer the party participants a 5% discount if they place their order through my website themselves, that way I have a head start on orders. Most of the catalog participants do the website ordering. I give a turn around time of two weeks for products but with the website ordering I have had everything ready by the day after closing on my last two parties.