ever used MP from Michaels?

annareeb

the brand is Life of the Party.

normally michaels MP is 8.99 for a 2 lb block!!( why I never bought it)

they had the 2 lb blocks clearanced today for 3.00, thought I would give them a shot, they had clear and white glycerin,olive oil,and suspension base..

yes, i have. the base is harsh on skin and is rubbery when melted. online base is so much better, and not that much more (even with shipping) than that sale price.

cheryl

I had a feeling it would be crap.. everything there is overpriced and total crap most of the time:shocked2:

I had a feeling it would be crap.. everything there is overpriced and total crap most of the time:shocked2:

I've tried it, and it's not crap at all. It wasn't rubber on my skin in the least. It's pricey though. But I get it all the time when it's 30% off at Joann's plus my son's girlfriend works there and gets an extra 15% :D . I use it with every single MP recipe I have. I use several different types of MP, and this is no different from anything else I've used. I used the white glycerin too..have never tried their other types.

praireannie,

i can assure you that there is a great deal of difference between what joann's sell and a good base like sfic.

i teach at an adult community education program and i give my students a list of online suppliers so that they can get the good bases.

i am in no way putting down your products. i am sure that the additives you use take the harshness out of the base, but it is easier and cheaper to just start with a good, mild base to begin with.

cheryl

Yea i got mine from Michaels when it was on sale for $4.98. I still have not used it yet. But gonna see what it is like.

the brand is Life of the Party.

normally michaels MP is 8.99 for a 2 lb block!!( why I never bought it)

they had the 2 lb blocks clearanced today for 3.00, thought I would give them a shot, they had clear and white glycerin,olive oil,and suspension base..

praireannie,

i can assure you that there is a great deal of difference between what joann's sell and a good base like sfic.

i teach at an adult community education program and i give my students a list of online suppliers so that they can get the good bases.

i am in no way putting down your products. i am sure that the additives you use take the harshness out of the base, but it is easier and cheaper to just start with a good, mild base to begin with.

cheryl

And I can assure you, that Life of the Party Bases are not the only bases that I use, and I can also assure you that the end product is not cheaper if I can get the stuff for 45% off..regardless of what additives I use. ;) And of course you aren't puting down my products, you've never tried them LOL. I'm not that easily offended. :P