Question about using orange blossom water

MBShafeena

My boss is coming over this weekend as she wants me to teach her CP. She wants to use orange blossom water in the recipe. I know to use it instead of the distilled water in the water and lye solution BUT has anyone ever used this or rose water and if so do you have to chill this orange or rose water before like you do goat milk soap in order to minimize the scent in this case? Also if you have ever used this does it do anything when added to the oils as in fast trace?. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

I think I've used orange water before (a year or 2 ago) and I didn't freeze it like you do milk. It's just flower water after all, just like tea is water. And I don't recall it having a strong scent or having any difficulty with it. Should be just like soaping with water.

i know when i have used tea instead of water, it does burn the tea a bit and change colors on me. Just for safe measures I would still mix the lye with half the water needed, then mix in the other half of liquid (orange blossom water) at trace.

You never know what will happen sometimes, and I am not sure if she is bringing enough orange blossom water to make a few mistakes with.