Things always seem so much better in your head

It was my little sis's 18th bday this week and so last night i decided to make her an '18' keepsake candle it was in a 3" wide cream heat proof pot. I was going to fill it with lilac(to match her room) wax scented ambrosia marshmallow,one of my favs and top it with some white chunks and number18 which were scented vanilla and lightly dusted in glitter. It really sums her up girly and sweet! With the left over i made two floating hearts to match. It looked great an hour after when i checked it on the way to bed! And woke this morning faced with a monster! the number 18 which were standing on top of the wax were now 3/4 in the wax along with the chunks and the rest -something ive never managed, until i dont want it ,is mottled AAARGGH!! Dont you just wanna cry when you've spent 21/2 hrs and your kids could have done better!! so my little sis might be 19 by the time i perfect this one. Silver linning though the hearts are beautiful and the cold throw on it all is fab!!!

Never mind - you live and learn...:tiptoe: