help please!

JMCintosh

I made a 4 lb batch of soap last night and I know what I did wrong. I just need to know what I can do to fix it, if it can be salvaged. I added too much liquid. When I unwrapped it this morning it was all mushy and wet looking. I could cut it but it was like working with clay or play-do. I am now trying to remill or rebatch it without adding any more liquid too it, in hopes that it will set up good in my fancy molds. Am I doing this right or should I have let it stay in the box wraped up a little longer? It had been 18 hours or longer since I made it. What I did was made a good soap but at trace added about 1/3 cup of yogurt mixed with cucumber. please how can I fix this or salvage it? :cry2: I geuss I should exsplain more. I added the yogurt and cucumber but forgot to subtract the amount of goatsmilk from the recipe to take its place. Instead I added both.

You can rebatch and not have to add water to any soap that is less than 4 weeks old. I dont know if rebatching will work for your batch but it never hurts to try:) I think the problem with your recipe is the 3 oz of yogurt and cukes that you added. Have you ever heated up yogurt? When you do it gets runny just like water (dont ask me how I know.) Which is exactly what happened in your batch. Once that soap hit gel that yogurt turned into fluid and had nowhere to go. So what you should have done was discounted the water portion of your recipe to compensate for the yogurt that was being added later. Good luck with your rebatch!