Has anyon3e else used this service?

chauntelle

Im looking to build a website,i dont have the spare cash until xmas time so i was hoping to sign up 2 a freebie site and then upgrade in the new year. I did a google search and also a search here and microsoft.com was mentioned but previous experiance and things ive read tells me to get recommendation or at least feedback instead of going for what looks like a good deal!

If any of you have used these id be greatful for feedback ie do they offer a good service is it easy to do can you choose good graphics ect. had a look on their site and it seemed ok, i also notice that they ask for your card details before you can use them, i dont normally leave card details unless im buying something???

TIA Chauntelle:confused:

If your talking Microsoft Front Page, it is not all that easy for a newbie, we were able to do basics in it but then ended up having to hire someone to do drop down menus and we're doing shopping cart thru Pay Pal...we don't have it all finished yet...getting good help at a reasonable price is tough. We've been thru 3 people already who gave up! The good ones want over $1000 to finish it and I just can't justify putting that out right now...although I may have to if I want in on Christmas sales.

I'm using Freewebs at the moment. It's a little slow sometimes, but they have a good selection of templates, and their site builder layout is relatively easy to understand. It should work well as a temporary stand-in until you get a good host.

Maybe check it out and see if it suits you :)

My wishlist and my soapie website are both on freewebs, so you can take a look, though take note that the latter is a work in progress. It was created as more of an online reference page that I kept adding things to, and it's still far from complete. For one, I'm still using their stock template! The wishlist uses a stock template too.

http://www.freewebs.com/thejadwishlist

http://www.freewebs.com/chocoprincess

Ive got hem now must have been problem with broadband its been really tempermental lately! I dont mean to quiz you but wondered if you get much custom from your soap site? i know obviously its hard work and putting your name out there in the beginiong that gets you the traffic to your site but dont know if having a long web name might put people off? definatly something to think about and just have to say that your graphics are beautiful!!!:D Thankyou for your input