Home Soap Parties (Who provides what, free products etc.)

I have had a few people ask me about home soap parties (*at their home). What % of sales is suitable for free products?

I was thinking for every $50 in products sold, I would give the hostess a $10 voucher for free products with no expiry date. Is that suitable?

Who should provide the refreshments? Anything else you can tell me is a great help!

This is just like dsa companies such as partylite, marykay, pampered chef (they have all my money!). The hostess of the show provides the food. You come in, setup your product display, have samples for people to try out. Talk about your products, show them off then sell sell sell. Normally you give a percentage of the sales in free product..so if your hostess sells $100+ you could offer 10% of sales in free product. And then go up accordingly...$200+ in sales offer 15% of sales in free product plus a half-price item offer.

Check out some of the dsa companies hostess plans to get a better idea :)

Normally their percentage is taken off the order the hostess places that night.

Angi

Here is an example of a dsa bath and body company and how their hostess plan works...

$150 in sales you receive $15 free shopping credit and 1 half-price item

$200 in sales you receive $25 free shopping credit and 1 half-price item

$300 in sales you receive $35 free shopping credit and 1 half-price item

$400 in sales you receive $50 free shopping credit and 1 half-price item and 1 half-price premier product set

(they offer an entire set of their products in one scent at a special price and that is what they can buy for half off)

Does that help a bit?

I know that more credit or free stuff is given if anyone books another party off the hostess that night as well.

Angi

I just do a 10% discount across the board to the hostess. And follow that up with a small hostess gift (usually something that I don't regularly carry, like a foot spa bag with my goodies and a few little extras like a pumice stone or nail file etc). For each party booked from that I also follow up with a booking gift - the hostess has to attend to collect the gift.

I wish we had things like soap parties here :(

Nevermind. Now my new goal is to take over the country, then introduce and educate local people about the benefits of handmade B&B and hold classes to impart my superior and vast knowledge of B&B making (and make money at the same time), spawning a new breed of elite Malaysian B&B crafters.

Then I shall hold a soap party.

Door prizes are usually given with a game that is played. Some give out tickets to people that have a certain amount of sales, ask questions on product (or biz opportunity for dsa), etc. Then the company rep decides how many drawings to have and draws the tickets and gives out prizes ranging from samples to full size products.

At the partylite show I went to Friday with my husband he won one of their huge 3 wick candles and a votive set with holder and votives from having his ticket number drawn. Others won tealights and votives.

So it is up to you if you want to offer that and how you will do it. You could do spend x amount of dollars and recieve x for free, host a soap party in your home and receive x free at the time of your party, etc. Does that make any sense?

Angi