Well, I think I made soap?!?

ah-soy

At least it bubbles and foams anyway.

Tried my first HP attempt last night, late...big mistake ...coulda, shoulda started earlier cause it took a loooong time.

Other than me leaving the room for a few minutes and the pot boiling over and me grabbing my rubber gloves and scooping everything frantically back into the pot, pretending that didn't happen and continuing on my merry way... it actually came out decent. (Well for a first try anyway). I do have one slice that has the recycle symbol in it from the Stoffers Family size lasagne tray I used for a mold.

Question though, I know cold process gets harder with time. My question is does HP also get harder with age. This soap seems kinda soft?

Yes hp gets harder with age. I cure mine about three weeks depending on the recipe some take 6 weeks. I do in the mold hp which is easier for me.. you don't cook it on the stove you mix( lye /water) into oils when they have a temp around 110-100 degrees and then pour into wooden mold and place in 170* oven for two hrs is what I do. Comes out really nice looking.

See If I can find you the link , If you might be interested in that process

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10361.asp

More detailed instructions at her site

:D