Question on IGI Wax 4625 & 4761

Morning everyone!

Have been thinking on testing some new waxes and have a question on the IGI Wax 4625 & 4761.

I normally use the MP 145 wax when making tarts and votives and was wondering how the other 2 work with the cold/hot throw and overall just opinions on these 2 waxes.

Thank You for the response!

Stephanie

4761 is almost impossible to cut to get into the presto. I was given suggestions on freezing it, putting it in a pillow case and hammering it, I don't have time for that. It is suppose to be a one pour wax, so i guess thats why someone would go to all the trouble of using it. I use 4625 and 4794 for votives, did a big marathon test burn on many different FO's and like both waxes. 4794 seemed to burn better/more consistently.:)

I tested 4761 because my local supplier carries it. I couldn't get it to be a one-pour for me, but I have read some things recently and I might not have been pouring hot enough. I also found that the zincs wicks didn't work for me in the 4761. The 36 was too small and the 44 was too big. So, I used the LX wicks (size 12, I think) and it burned great. I got a great throw from this wax once I found the right wick. But if I am going to have to do a repour, my preference would be 4794.