Fragrance & UV Inhibitor question...

casey2

Hi!

Recently, when making candle melts/tarts, I started adding a 'pinch' of uv inhibitor to my pre-blended votive wax - well, it seems that alot of my new scents are either not working in my wax - I've been testing alot of pumpkin fos lately - or could the uv inhibitor be effecting my fragrance throw? I started adding the 'uv' because my melts were slightly fading from fluorescent lights.

Has anyone had trouble getting pumpkin scents to throw?

Thank you in advance for your replies! - I appreciate all the advice I can get!!!

I don't see how the UV could affect your throw. It's only attribute is to slow down certain types of light that contribute to fading.

Thanks, Scented for your reply! I guess I'm just having trouble finding great throwing fall scents for my wax!!! :undecided

Thanks, Scented for your reply! I guess I'm just having trouble finding great throwing fall scents for my wax!!! :undecided

Well we could start by narrowing down where you've been and where to go maybe. I honestly don't think I have probs with any pumpkin scents either, so could be your wax, you wick or the supplier :undecided

Well we could start by narrowing down where you've been and where to go maybe. I honestly don't think I have probs with any pumpkin scents either, so could be your wax, you wick or the supplier :undecided

Scented - I thought maybe using a pre-blended wax that maybe the uv was already in there and I was 'trapping' the scent somehow - I had read before about too much vybar can do that, so I thought maybe the uv was effecting my scent cause I've never had this many fos not respond in my wax (I've been pouring melts), I've tried:

NG - Pumpkin Crunch Cake - been curing over two weeks and I seem to be the only that can't get it to throw

NG-Harvest (loved this when I poured it) - very lite throw, SS - Buttery Pumpkin pie also very lite, AH/RE Pumpkin Bread - lite throw, AH/RE Pumpkin Cheesecake - another lite throw

CS Pumpkin Souffle had a nice throw, but I can't make up my mind if I like it although a tester did very much.

I'm waiting to test SS Grandma's Pumpkin Log and NG's Candy Corn.

I've had luck with about 75% of all the fos I've tried have thrown in my wax, and this many in a row being so lite in the throw got me concerned about the uv inhibitor. I have another oz. of buttery pumpkin pie that I'm going to try without the uv and see what I think - although I know that it doesn't make sense that it would effect the scent.

Thanks so much for your help!

I'm w