Testing Results

Hi all I have been testing some wickless candles. I am using ECO CB Advanced After 1 day there was no scent . After 3 days there is some hot throw but not as much as I would like. I am going to wait another 2 days to see how well they throw again. Just how long do I have to wait to see how well there gonna throw. Also is there anything I can add to this wax to help improve the scent throw. The cold throw is just fine. But the hot throw is another thing. Oh and I am using 1 1/2 oz FO to a pound of wax. And most of my FO'S come from JS. Thanks Regina :sad2:

Many, many people love JS fragrances. Personally, I have never had luck getting them to throw. I use 444 though, not CB. I think that you'll get some many people saying the prefer the CB 135 over the advanced. Cure times vary, but I'm impatient and don't want to wait two weeks. There are too many FO companies to try for me to wait that long on a particular FO to work. I'll just move on and test from somewhere else.

Hi Regina,

I don't use that wax and have never tested it but have heard it can be a stinker at times to get a good throw. I know that some have luck with it but I am sure they have to do a lot of hunting for the right oils.

What type of jar are you using? If it is too large, that can take hender the scent throw. I make wicked and wickless candles. My wickless candles give me an intense hot throw. I have some JS oils for my wickless and they have an awesome throw. I use paraffin/soy wax for my wickless candles. PM me if you would like more info on that. For my wicked candles I use soy.

I have found that the metal tins give off the best scent throw for wickless candles. However, the FO may disipate a little faster because they get a little hotter than the glass jars....especially the thicker glass jars. I now offer the 11 oz. tins and have been keeping an I on how much longer they last compared to the 7 oz.

If you have the right jar and have tested several oils but still are having trouble getting a good throw even in the wickless candles, you may want to try another wax. It should not be as hard to get a good throw in the wickless candles compared to the wicked candles. I have only run into a few oils that did not have a killer throw in my wickless candles -- they weren't duds but not as strong. If I were you, I would not want to have to wait for wickless candles to cure. I don't even like it with wicked candles. It is much easier to get most FO to throw well in wickless candles. However, wicked candles are favored amoung most.

Keep testing and you will get it right! :)

Hi Holly and thanks for the info. I am using 6oz jelly jars right now. I also have some 11oz tumblers and also I have some 14oz pumpkins and 18oz snowmen. So my containers are differen't sizes. But I am going to try a differen't wax. I just ordered a 50-50 soy parfan blend. When I get it I will test it on my wickless candles and see how it goes. Like everyone says test test and more testing Thanks Regina :grin2: