YAY!!! i got my cyclo order...and question...

Prettyinpink

I found a place that ships to my country and it was aussiesoapsupplies the owners are superb people, and everything is so neatly packed and nothing spilled or broke.:yay:

Now here is my question to people who had tried this before. i want to make a dry spray on oil, using it and FCO.

I am mixed up as some places recommand using equal parts of Cyclo and FCO, while others recommand a 6:1 ratio. Which should i begin experimenting with, if it was so easy to get more without paying an arm and leg for shipping i would try both but i want this to be as right as possible today (sorry i'm just too excited)

Thanx in advance....well be making bath bombs tonigh and hopefully posting my first picture :grin2:

I have absolutely no idea about making dry oil sprays, but congratulations on getting your order! I'm waiting for mine from Lotioncrafter and GoW too! :yay:

Actually, I think for a body oil, even straight FCO is fine. I think FCO is one of the few (the only?) oils that can be misted. Cyclo would probably make it drier, less of an oily feel, so the more cyclo, the less greasy your spray will be.

I usually add 1-3 tsp. of FO to 4oz. of cyclo... depending on how STRONG you want it, and the strength of the FO. I've been sticking with 2tsp. of FO for 4oz cyclo with good results and feedback. If it's REALLY STRONG FO.... I go with 1 tsp.

Now the FCO... I do not add to my sprays. To me, that would just give it an oily feel.

I typically use .5 oz cyclo, .5 oz fco, 3 oz cyclo. The fco does not make it greasy at all, but it is good to use because some FOs will not mix/blend completely with the cyclo without it. This isn't the case with all FOs, but for consistency's sake, I use the same formula all the time. HTH.

I've read lots of stuff about cyclo right here on this board. some great information(I should know, I asked many of the questions in the past!). Go to "search", above & type in either "cyclo" or "cyclomethicone" & lots of threads will come up with great info.:grin2:

O.K. O.K. this isn't an answer to your question but I have to say this. Every time I see this thread come up on the main page it just says, "YAY!!! i got my cyclo" And every time I think it says, "YAY!!! i got my cycle" And then I realize its the same thread that keeps getting me. It makes me laugh every time. Well I guess an announcement like that that while strange, would fit in this category since if you did get your cycle, you might be feeling like you need a bath. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

I use a 5:1 ratio, so my formula for this is 4 parts Cyclo, 1 part FCO and 1 part FO. You really don't need to use the FCO, however,in some rare cases FO's don't mix that well with Cyclo alone and the FCO really helps in the mix.

Everyone loves this formula, it absorbs fast with no greasy feel, and leaves a really nice "silky" feel to the area.

Don't worry, I tested the mix and found that it doesn't separate all, even after sitting in one spot for 8 weeks.

I hope this helps you out. Now to continue to try to talk myself out of making hundreds of bath bombs :undecided

Ed

Now here is my question to people who had tried this before. i want to make a dry spray on oil, using it and FCO.

I am mixed up as some places recommand using equal parts of Cyclo and FCO, while others recommand a 6:1 ratio. Which should i begin experimenting with, if it was so easy to get more without paying an arm and leg for shipping i would try both but i want this to be as right as possible today (sorry i'm just too excited)

Thanx in advance....well be making bath bombs tonigh and hopefully posting my first picture :grin2: