Wanting to get off on the right start

8-GRAN-ONES

I know I have asked quite a few questions about two recipes that were on this board..Shortening & Shea Sudsy soap Recipe & Emulsified Body Butter.

As of this evening my Husband has to make a unexpected trip to Sacramento Calif..That is where the SOAP SALOON is located..I am going along and will be going there to get some supplies for these 2 recipes..

These are some things that they do not have..for the soap..they don't have..rice bran oil..silk fibers...and a question Is PKO ..Palm Kernal Oil?

they do have palm kernal oil..but was just not sure if it is the same thing..

Also what is the lye in this recipe? I know I am showing how dumb I am..but I need to know..lol:grin2:

For the Body Butter..They don't have Avacado Butter...Liquid Par Optima..

Vit-E..or Dry Flo..

Is there any subsitutions I could make..If not I will just order from somewhere that has it..

I have comming 2 of the # 4 Do Right Molds Will 1 recipe work for this size mold? I know this alot of question,,but any help would be appreciated..

Yep PKO should be palm kernel oil... there's peach kernel oil as well, but if it's for a soap base, it should be palm. Rice bran oil should be available at grocery stores?

You should be able to replace avocado butter with any other butter, though what you replace it with is your own preference... different butters will have different textures and hardness. LiquiPar Optima... it should be replaceable with another preservative though bear in mind some preservatives are water-soluble and may not be suitable for anhydrous (waterless) products, some are oil-soluble so vice versa. As for vitamin E, if you take supplements, you can just puncture a softgel capsule or two and use the contents. Dry Flo is modified starch, you could probably use regular cornstarch in a pinch, though it might not have the exact same texture.

HTH!