Heat Gun - Who Uses one??

Can someone share with me on how you clean your molds with the heatgun? Right now I just make melts/tarts. The melts release from the mold really well but occasionally they leave a thin film of wax in some spots. Would I turn the mold over and heat it upside down for the wax to drip out on a paper towel or something?? Please clue me in lol thanks!!

Can someone share with me on how you clean your molds with the heatgun? Right now I just make melts/tarts. The melts release from the mold really well but occasionally they leave a thin film of wax in some spots. Would I turn the mold over and heat it upside down for the wax to drip out on a paper towel or something?? Please clue me in lol thanks!!

When the weather is hot, that is exactly what I do. Or I heat from the top and wipe out with towel. If it's cool enough, just turn the molds upside down in a warm oven with toweling underneath and the wax will melt and drip on the towel.

I too went through a couple of the cheepo heat guns from Harbor Freight in less than a year. They may be cheap but if you have to replace it every few months, it ireally is not that cheap. I now have had a Wagner for over a year that runs great. I also have an embossing gun that I bought about 4 years ago and have had not problems with it. The embossing gun is great for shrink wrapping.