I'm a newbie ....

CeCe

Hi everyone,

I'm new to making soap and am anxious to learn everything I can. So could you all give me any helpful hints you might have. I am going to start using M&P. I have been lurking on here for awhile, and finally decided to join in, you seem like a very friendly and helpful group. Can you tell me some of your favorite suppliers? I would love to see some pictures of your beautiful fall and winter soaps. For my first newbie question...what exactly is stearic acid used for in M&P? Happy soaping...CeCe

Hello CeCe, welcome aboard. You have come to the right place to find helpful information about soap making. There are a lot of helpful links on this message board.

If you look to the left side of the forum you will see a list of links that are helpful, Click on the one that says community, then on community links, this will give you a list of soapmaking suppliers. The bath and body link will give you soap making directions. If you go back into community, then into message bards, you will see a list of forums, there is a forum for B&B Gallery, this is where people post photos of their creations.

The best feature in the message board is the search feature. You can easily search for key words such as Steric Acid and see a bunch of threads with helpful information in them.

Again, welcome aboard.

:grin2: :grin2:

I have never used stearic in m&p but it is something used in cold processed soap to make a harder bar.

I used wholesalesuppliesplus When I did m&p, there is info on each product there and also customer comments for each product as well, I found this very helpful when I first started.

M&P is quite simple -just follow suppliers directions for melting and adding scent and herbs and what not.

Happy soaping!!!:yay:

...For my first newbie question...what exactly is stearic acid used for in M&P? Happy soaping...CeCe

Hi CeCe & welcome to the board!

I've just begun to use (experiment with) stearic in my M&P soap. It's supposed to make the bar harder. I have noticed a difference in the bars, but I'm not done with experimenting yet.

The best helpful hint I can give you is: keep the credit card in your purse & step away from the supplier web sites!:laugh2: