? for Bead Experts

tartnflight

Hi there!

Here's a good place to get some simple starter kits:

http://www.eebeads.com/_kits.htm

I started out ordering from them because they have mainly just the basic beads, findings, and supplies. Then, as you decide what kind of jewelry you most enjoy making, you can shop from the more specialized sites, or even your local bead store! (Although they can be rather expensive!)

Here's another site that has more advanced kits, a few simple stringing kits and even some stringing kits that require you do a small bit of the seed bead stitches:

http://www.lindarichmond.com/Learn_To_Bead.html

Also, you might want to go to your local book store, or really anywhere that has a good variety of magazines, and get the Stringing Magazine. It is full of simple (yet very cool!) stringing projects. They also list where to get the beads and supplies used!

I hope this helps! :yay:

BBSweets - Thank you so much for the websites! They are just what I was looking for. I knew there had to be some kits to get your started, I just couldn't find them.

You are very talented. Love your projects.

Thanks again for your help! This was a big help!

Thanks Sharon in KY - We don't have a Michaels but, I will check our local craft store. I'm sure they will have something.

Charmies - I got your message. Thank you! I'm sure I will have lots of questions when I get started. :grin2:

Thanks again for everyone's help! I'm off to do more reading.

Your local bead shop should have kits to start, this way you start small to see if beading is your nitch. Local shops are more expensive than buying online, so once you get into it, you can find some really good deals online. Read alot, look at different photos, get ideas that you can tweek to come up with your own designs.

It can get real addicting and costly, but you can make good $$$ too.

www.artbeads.com has free shipping which works great for me in Hawaii

firemountain is another good site.

NOTE: stay away from Ebay, you never know what you'll get or if you'll get it. :grin2: