Ideal for Votives

I wanted to say HI to everyone sence I am new to the forum...

I had an Ideal... When I buy Votives could I cut them into 3rd's and de-wick them and melt them a 1/3rd at a time in my Melter? To get more for my money

Plus there would be no flame to burn off the scent...

I know buying Tarts from yankee at $1.79 a piece is burning my wallet.

I'm new to the forums... and I've leaned that throw is the way the scent comes off the candles... what is Mottling? Can somebody make me a list of terms so I can read the forums a little better... lol..... it would be helpful.... something like

Throw is ________________

Mottling is ______________

Sometimes the easiest way to find the information you need is to use the search feature :) on the top of the page, you'll see 'Search' with a little upside down triangle next to it. If you click on the word, a box will appear and you can search for the term you'd like to know more about. Here are search results for 'Throw' and 'Mottling'. I did refine them a little to get more specific results.

Scent Throw:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=713995

Mottling:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=713998

Just reading through this forum and the archives will make you familiar with the terms used and the meanings. You can also gain a better understanding of such things as the difference between a votive and a tart, how scent throw is achieved and what carries the scent, etc. There is a lot of information at your fingertips just waiting to be read and learned. Good luck and have fun.