Chunk wax

Please bear with me, I know this question must have been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for... so here goes:

We want to try our hand at chunk candles - both pillar and container - using paraffin.

Question is: Do we use the same wax for the chunks and the pour?

If not, do we look for a harder chunk wax with the same application (harder pillar wax for pillar chunks, harder container wax for container chunks)

Any wax suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Found it, but...

"For this project, I selected IGI 1343 to make the chunks as well as the overpour. If no additives are used, this wax is somewhat translucent and results in brilliant colors that have some depth to them. If you are using this wax and you intend to add fragrance oil, then the addition of vybar 103 or Universal Additive will be required. These additives will increase the opacity of the wax."

Exactly why it didn't provide the information I'm looking for.

To be more specific,

Why do some recommend harder waxes for the chunks?

What is a good pre-blended wax with good translucency?

1343 is a great wax for chunk pillars - both the chunks and the overpour. The opacity added by using vybar or UA is minimal, really. You can even just scent the chunks and leave the overpour with no additives.

Chunk container candles are another issue. IMO they don't work very well because container wax is opaque. I believe there are some pictures in the gallery you could check out.