4627 & Fragrance Load

Now, let me just say that I load mine at the full 2 oz per pound. I see that some don't follow this idea and would like input as to what you feel the differences are. My candles are very strong, burn very nicely with no smoking or soot. So, other than to save $ what other reasons are there to cut back on the fragrance load. Just because of some posts that I have read I am doing some testing to reduce the load and see if it makes a significant difference. Has anyone tested thier candles side by side with a full FO load and the lesser amounts and seen differing results?

I personally did not use the max amount when I solely used that wax....Alot of times you can lose certain notes of the FO if you use too much.

There are FOs that I use at 4%, 6%, 7%, 8%...I try not to have to use more than 8% but that is only 1-2 FOs

Each FO will react differently in that wax. I would start at the 1oz per pound and tweek it from there. I know there are a few FOs that smell better at a lower % in a candle (example FO will smell/throw better at 6% vs 8%). At least that has been my experience.

If my memory serves me right, I seen a site that gave reviews on their scents in use of strengths. Can't remember where I seen it though.

As far as testing side by side...I wouldn't...I would test mine at different times in the same room - preferably different days (cause scent lingers) and do comparison notes, like at certain times during the burn how was the throw, etc

I use the 4627 regularly and very infrequently do I use the full 12% FO load. When I first started using this wax I did, and then needed to reduce on some b/c of smoking (usually the coconut bases). Now I usually use 6% and work from there. I've noticed that although the FO load is 1/2 the amount, I still get a great cold and hot throw. An 8oz mason jar is strong enough to fill up my living room that is about 500 sq. feet. However, there are a couple that I found that I need to add a little more. But as bizzyb said, I usually don't go above 8 %; just b/c quite honestly, I don't want to waste the money. If I can't get it to throw really good at 8 %, I would just rather not use it then to have to invest double the amount in the FO. I don't know, that's just my experience and my opinion, if you can get everything you need to throw with a 12% FO load, then why change?