I'm thinking of switching

botanica

Warning, this is a little bit of a vent. Ok, so I love the FO's that I get from French (not to mention all the testing that I've done with them), but I hate the way I'm treated by my sales rep. I get the impression that since I'm not a huge distributor for the company that I'm not worth her time as a customer. I just placed a huge order (in my opinion) and asked for the MSDS sheets for the fo's that I ordered, and she neither responded to my request nor sent them my way. How hard is it to get me that info? She makes it obvious to me that I'm just not worth her time. Not only with the msds sheets but in every interaction that I've had with her. I'm thinking about either asking for a different sales rep who has some level of customer service or switching suppliers altogether.

I don't have any experience with any other fragrance houses. What are some good ones in case I want to switch?

My :2cents:: if you've already tested these scents and are happy with them, before I just went to another supplier, I'd write a letter detailing my displeasure with the sales rep's attitude and responsiveness, and my feelings on how I've been treated and send it to the sales rep. If after that I STILL got rotten service, I'd send it to a higher up (director level), if you can find out who that might be (sometimes just asking the sales rep who their manager is is sufficient for them to get their butt in gear) and let them know that while I like the fragrances, if things didn't improve I'd be taking my business elsewhere AND I'd be letting everyone of my peers know of my displeasure with the company overall.

If you still don't get satisfaction, then at least you know that the funky attitude is from the top down. Then it is definitely in your best interest to take your hard-earned $$$ elsewhere! ;)

Wow, that's terrible! I emailed her asking AGAIN for some info that I had requested and she provided me with a portion of what I needed. Then she said something like "thank you and have a nice weekend". It was Wednesday. I just can't tell if it's incompetence or that the corporate culture there is to spend time on big accounts only. When she thought I might become a distributor she was very kind and solicitious-- I received calls and she came to visit. Now it's the total opposite--when I called her with my order, she didn't even say "how are you". I told her who I was and she said "Yes?". I know that they have a lot of accounts all over the place. I definately don't have the time or money to do a complete switch, so I was actually thinking of requesting a different sales rep. Don't know if that would make a difference considering other people's experiences.

If you really are thinking of switching....I would consider trying Candle Science....their customer service is top notch(very much world class), and should be because the candle and candle supply business is very competitve and it would be for that reason alone that their customer service should be world class, if it's not I'd make the switch....jmo Wonder how long they will remain in business with that kind of customer service????

Mike

• 1 month later...

Not sure where you are but i love my french rep. he's really nice, but cant think of his name off hand...have to check my business cards. I dont really deal mush with him though. Maybe ask them that you dont want to be seen by a rep anymore. I have another supplier that is very imcompetant every since they lost their rep and never replaced him...get such bad service now, but I need the product from there.

Lately, I've been dealing with the main office directly, and funny thing is that my rep called me recently and was very nice. That makes me happy because I want good relationships with the people I work with because we need each other. You'd think sales reps would realize that.

If I am not mistaken, I think it is the law that they must provide you with MSDS if you request them....which, by the way, you must have!

I would suggest Cosmo International Fragrances in Florida. They have been an AMAZING company to deal with. They provided me with a professional portfolio and have developed my very favorite fragrances WITH me. (and the MSDS came without asking for them)

They are accustomed to dealing with professionals, and will treat you as such.

BTW

There is a manufacturer in Houston I have heard good things about (as far as their product) but it is a MAJOR ordeal in the beginning with them. I didn't like the contract they wanted me to sign.