zinc wicks.........

Where do you get the zinc wicks that do not mushroom, or soot and when you blow the candle out, you can smell the fragrance of the candle and not that sooty nasty smell??? and if so.....what series name are they? TIA

Love ya guys and gals!!!!

I have always used zinc wicks and no matter what supplier you buy them from they pretty much all will mushroom. Getting the right size helps with how big the mushroom will get and how much smoking occurs when blown out. Due to the after glow and smoking from blowing the candle out I always recommend using a wick dipper to eliminate this problem.

On another note, the low smoke zinc wicks burn a bit hotter in comparison to the regular zinc wick sizes. They may produce a smaller mushroom if wicked correctly but smoking will occur as with most any wick when blown out, henceforth suggesting dipping the flame out.

I know that WSP carries the low smoke wicks and if my memory serves me correctly, I think that The Candlemaker's Store is selling them now too.

After rambling on - did I answer your question ???? :confused: